Boril Bogoev, Ph.D.Plug-n-perform, full-stack marketing professional and marketing leader.
Strategist and hands-on practitioner.
Results-oriented, versatile, highly-skilled marketing expert with vast knowledge and experience In strategy, tactics and tools of all major marketing channels, processes and activities, combined with hands-on experience.
Omni-channel marketing, martech and digital transformation professional with practical background in marketing strategy & execution, leading marketing teams and optimizing digital business models. Significant experience in team training, in-house coaching and e-learning.
Strong background in analyzing, creating and implementing business processes and operation procedures in organizations of various types.
Holding a Ph.D. in Business Models on the Internet.
More than 18 years of experience in training, consulting, digital technology and marketing.
Experience & Skillset
Versatile and Skilled
Participated in projects in FinTech, Fashion, E-commerce, Online Auctions, Real Estate, Toys, Sports Equipment, Telecommunication, System Integration, Coaching and Training, Online Auctions, Online Media, Furniture, Managed Services with local and international brands/companies.
- Results oriented
- Systems and processes.
- Intense technology, IT and digital transformation background.
- Vast marketing experience in several industries.
- Successful sales & pre-sales track record in IT and expert services.
- Remarkable creativity & scale of thought, packed with growth mindset.
- Inspiring team leader and manager (marketing teams).
- Data-driven & results-oriented professional.
- 300+ presentations given, 10,000+ people trained, 19 online courses created.
- Proven business processes optimization expert.
- Omni-channel marketing.
- Marketing technology.
- Experimental marketing and conversion rate optimization.
- Teaching and e-learning management.
- User journey building and customer activation.
- Business model optimization and revenue streams building.
Key Areas of Qualification
Data-Driven Analysis and Planning
Conversion Rate Optimization
Business Models Optimization
Storytelling and Hypnotic Copywriting
Leadership and Executive Skills and Experience
Marketing Teams Leadership
Social Media Marketing
Conversion Rate Optimization
Search Engine Optimization
Website Content Management
HTML & CSS
Conferences, Workshops, Lectures
Zero Budget Marketing, SocialMe Workshop, RSPV Zagreb, Eventex, K2WEB, Rotaract Club Meetings, SoftUni Marketing Courses, Corporate Workshops, E-Manager, New Bulgarian University Courses and many more.
Chief Marketing Officer at Signature Technology (Dubai, UAE)
November 2018 – present
Main activities: Growth marketing, brand building, user experience creation, programmatic advertising and omni-channel marketing for the GCC market. Team trainings. Business processes and procedures creation and implementation. Reporting to the CEO.
- Acquired 800,000+ new users within 12 months after launching Storeus.com with a team of 4 people.
- Designed, created, communicated, and implemented all processes and SOPs for the marketing team.
- Implemented a company-wide project management framework and operations processes.
- Omni-channel marketing activities managed with a team of 6 people (web, app, social media, ads, push, affiliates, community, blog, influencers, email marketing, PR, offline).
- Explosive targeted leads growth through online channels with cost-per-lead less than 2 AED.
- User experience and journey (web and app) improved in 3 iterations for the first year, working closely with the IT department.
- Conducted 100+ team trainings for upskilling and operations for the first 12 months of Storeus existence.
- Extensive marketing figures simulations, reporting, planning, and budgeting on monthly basis.
- Implemented: Loyalty Program, Affiliate Program, Influencer Marketing Program, Partnership Program.
Marketing and UX Director at BFashion.com (Sofia, Bulgaria, covering 8 CEE countries)
July 2014 – January 2018
Main activities: Omni-channel marketing strategy and implementation for EE and CE regions. Data analysis and data driven (KPIs’ based) decisions. Performance marketing. Email marketing. Social media marketing. Content marketing. Affiliate marketing. Conversion rate optimization. Mobile marketing. Art direction and user interface design auditing and co-ordination. Project management. Team trainings. Business processes and procedures creation and implementation. Reporting to C-level management / Owners.
- Implemented well organized and efficient marketing team management processes.
- Responsible for a team of 20 design and marketing professionals.
- Built a network of 10,000 affiliates and effectively managing them with a team of three people (dedicated to the affiliate program).
- Over 26 million email marketing messages sent per month with an email marketing team of 2 people.
- Total makeover of the e-commerce platform user experience and performance, working in parallel with design, development, and quality assurance teams.
- Directly responsible and leading conversion rate optimization and A/B testing activities with more than 8 experiments per month, using cutting edge CRO tools.
- Achieved ROAS greater than 600% with the Facebook and Google advertising sub-teams.
- Directly creating and managing weekly campaigns for 8 countries, 8 different languages through 7+ main communication and marketing channels.
- Supervising and directing the production of more than 1,500 advertising artworks per week (banners, messages, landing pages).
- More than 150 internal workshops/trainings per year for upskilling, conducted personally and by inviting guest trainers.
Industry: Online Fashion Retail in Central and Eastern Europe (8 countries).
Marketing Consultant and Operative at JETFIX Ltd. (Sofia, Bulgaria)
January 2010 – July 2014
Main activities: Planning, creating and conducting lectures, training courses, workshops and e-courses on Digital Marketing, Online Business, Management, Productivity, Presenting, Internet Security, Conversion Rate Optimization, and E-commerce for universities, corporations and online audiences. Business processes and procedures creation and implementation.
- Consulted 20+ top brands and companies (Real Estate, E-commerce, Telecommunications, Fashion, FinTech, Furniture, etc.).
- Led 4 courses on Digital Marketing at New Bulgarian University, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Led 3 courses on E-Commerce, Email Marketing and Marketing Optimization at Software University, Bulgaria
- Keynote speaker and presenter on 30+ leading marketing and business conferences in Eastern Europe.
- Leading lecturer on 50+ corporate trainings on e-commerce and digital marketing per year.
- Author of 20 online courses on Digital Marketing and Business.
- Trained and influenced 10,000+ marketers through webinars, courses, and presentations.
Industry: Digital marketing consulting, execution and training.
Marketing Manager at Global Consulting Ltd. (Sofia, Bulgaria)
July 2005 – December 2009
Main activities: Marketing strategy and planning. Marketing performance analysis and decision making. Digital marketing campaigns planning and running. Email marketing. Influencers marketing. Project management and co-ordination. Sales presentations and account management. Business analysis, business processes and procedures creation and implementation. Co-ordination between development, management, sales and marketing teams as well as with partners. Team and client trainings and workshops.
- Creating and maintaining the company’s brand vision and advertising materials.
- Planning and running off-line and online marketing campaigns on regular basis using variety of channels – magazines, email, events, social media.
- Giving more than 20 presentations per month in front of customers, prospects, partners and the team.
- Creating, maintaining and developing the entire company’s online ecosystem – website, blog, social media, email marketing, events marketing.
- Preparing and conducting (together with the marketing and sales teams) 8 big corporate events per year, every year.
- Personally, designing and coordinating the implementation of the user interface and experience of more than 200 FinTech, Government and Commercial web-based software systems and applications.
- Regular team training, workshops and coaching on Presenting Skills, Presentations and Documents Design, Productivity, Business Processes.
- Analyzing and building company’s business processes and operation procedures, including marketing, sales, IT, administration, software development departments. Implementing the new processes and procedures.
Industry: Software development for FinTech industry and Government Institutions.
Never Stop Learning
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) on Online Business Models.
University of Library Studies and Information Technologies, Sofia, BG.
Master of Science (MSc), Automation and Control
October 1995 – June 2000
Technical University of Sofia
The College of North West London
September 1992 – May 1994
Specialist (Vocational Qualification in Business and Finances), Business Administration, Management and Operations. Financial Management. Marketing. Financial Accounting. Organizational Behavior.
“A ship in harbor is safe — but that is not what ships are built for.” ― John A. Shedd
Our Deepest Fear
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness
That most frightens us.
We ask ourselves
Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small
Does not serve the world.
There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking
So that other people won’t feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine,
As children do.
We were born to make manifest
The glory of God that is within us.
It’s not just in some of us;
It’s in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we’re liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.
― Marianne Williamson
Dare Mighty Things
It is not the critic who counts; nor the one who points out how the strong person stumbled, or where the doer of a deed could have done better.
The credit belongs to the person who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who does actually strive to do deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotion, spends oneself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he or she fails, at least fails while daring greatly.
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
― Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
― William Ernest Henley