Boril Bogoev, Ph.D.Experienced Chief Marketing Officer. ⭐ Marketing Operations Management strategist, hands-on expert and leader. ⭐ Skilled Conversion Rate Optimization professional. ⭐ Ph.D. on Online Business Models
Full-stack, omni-channel marketing professional and leader.
✅ I have more than 18 years of marketing and marketing operations experience with a focus on integrated marketing communication including automated workflows, leads generation and nurturing, personalization, and conversion rate optimization – from strategy to execution.
✅ I also have extended experience in launches and go-to-market strategies and their implementation. This was part of my job as Marketing Manager, Marketing Director and Chief Marketing Officer, as well as a consultant of various businesses.
✅ My experience is not only in leading teams to achieve results, but also in building the entire operations infrastructure from scratch (processes, SOPs, technology, performance framework) including being able to perform 100% of the operations personally (hands-on) if/when needed.
✅ I am a business-oriented strategist with practical approach due to my wide experience in 10+ industries, omni-channel marketing communication experience, 10+ years of consulting practice and Ph.D. on business models online.
✅ I have hands-on experience in building marketing teams and making them successful, by preparing and implementing a customized operations framework and technology infrastructure, as well as conducting ongoing team building, upskilling and performance management activities.
✅ I have international experience. Over the past 15+ years and in relation with my work and consulting practice, I have been involved in businesses and marketing operations in many different countries (also hiring people of different nationalities and locations) including Bulgaria and all Central and Eastern European countries, United Kingdom, Afghanistan, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Libya.
✅ Working with the owner and/or CEO. Throughout my work and consulting practice I have been working primarily with the owners of the companies or the CEO, by discussing and suggesting strategies, action plans, business models and processes as well as performing analysis and reporting.
✅ I have been working with companies in many different industries over the years (FinTech, E-commerce, Real Estate, Fashion, Telecommunications, etc.) which gives me a unique perspective and the ability to make cross-associations and innovation.
✅ In addition to the above, I believe that it is easy to work with me due to my all-time professional attitude, structured approach, data-driven decisions, and wide experience on all levels.
☎️ Feel free to drop me a message on LinkedIn, Whatsapp or via email. My contact details: https://borilbogoev.me/contact/
Experience & Skillset
Versatile and Skilled
Participated in projects in FinTech, Fashion, E-commerce, Online Auctions, Real Estate, Toys, Sports Equipment, Telecommunication, System Integration, Coaching and Training, Online Auctions, Online Media, Furniture, Managed Services with local and international brands/companies.
- Results oriented
- Systems and processes.
- Intense technology, IT and digital transformation background.
- Vast marketing experience in several industries.
- Successful sales & pre-sales track record in IT and expert services.
- Remarkable creativity & scale of thought, packed with growth mindset.
- Inspiring team leader and manager (marketing teams).
- Data-driven & results-oriented professional.
- 300+ presentations given, 10,000+ people trained, 19 online courses created.
- Proven business processes optimization expert.
- Omni-channel marketing.
- Marketing technology.
- Experimental marketing and conversion rate optimization.
- Teaching and e-learning management.
- User journey building and customer activation.
- Business model optimization and revenue streams building.
Key Areas of Qualification
Data-Driven Analysis and Planning
Conversion Rate Optimization
Business Models Optimization
Storytelling and Hypnotic Copywriting
Leadership and Executive Skills and Experience
Marketing Teams Leadership
Social Media Marketing
Conversion Rate Optimization
Search Engine Optimization
Website Content Management
HTML & CSS
Conferences, Workshops, Lectures
Zero Budget Marketing, SocialMe Workshop, RSPV Zagreb, Eventex, K2WEB, Rotaract Club Meetings, SoftUni Marketing Courses, Corporate Workshops, E-Manager, New Bulgarian University Courses and many more.
Chief Marketing Officer at Signature Technology (Dubai, UAE)
November 2018 – June 2022
Signature Technology has two main projects: An online auction marketplace (Mazzady) and a multi-seller online marketplace, e-commerce, platform (Storeus.com).
● Supervised all marketing communication activities (360-degree, integrated marketing) with a team of 6.
● Acquired 800,000+ new users and 8,000+ new clients within 12 months after launching Storeus.
● Designed, created, communicated, and applied 10+ core processes and 30+ SOPs for the marketing team plus overall 80+ processes and SOPs for the entire company.
● Implemented a company-wide project management framework to manage 900+ software development tickets and 300+ execution tasks daily.
● Achieved explosive targeted leads growth through online channels with cost-per-lead less than 2 AED.
● Created and implemented: Loyalty Program, Affiliate Program, Influencer Marketing Program, Partnership Program from ground up and reached 100+ affiliates in 1 month, 2000+ leads and 300+ partnership pitches for 2 months.
Marketing and UX Director at BFashion.com (Sofia, Bulgaria, covering 8 CEE countries)
July 2014 – January 2018
BFashion is a fashion online store, covering 8 Central and Eastern European countries.
● Led a team of 20 design and marketing professionals with constant performance reviews.
● Planned and maintained weekly campaigns for 8 countries, 8 different languages, through 10+ marketing channels.
● Supervised and directed the production of more than 1,500 advertising artworks per week.
● Built an in-house affiliate program with more than 10,000 affiliate partners and supported with a team of three people.
● Directed and coordinated sending over 26 million email marketing messages per month with an email marketing team of 2 people.
● Developed and performed a well-organized and efficient marketing team management processes which helped reducing the communication/meeting/management time with 30%.
● Strategized and run conversion rate optimization and A/B testing activities with more than 8 core experiments per month.
SeniorMarketing Manager at JETFIX Ltd. (Sofia, Bulgaria)
January 2010 – July 2014
JETFIX is a digital marketing consulting and training agency.
● Consulted 30+ top brands and companies in different industries, located in Bulgaria, Greece, United Kingdom, Romania, Czech Republic, Croatia and the USA.
● Lectured 4 courses on Digital Marketing at New Bulgarian University, Sofia, Bulgaria.
● Published 3 courses on E-Commerce, Email Marketing and Marketing Optimization at Software University, Bulgaria.
● Presented keynote speeches on 30+ leading marketing and business conferences in Eastern Europe.
● Performed, as a lecturer, on 50+ corporate workshops on e-commerce and digital marketing per year.
● Prepared and published 21 online courses on Digital Marketing and Business.
● Trained and influenced 10,000+ marketing experts through webinars, courses, and presentations.
Marketing Manager at Global Consulting Ltd. (Sofia, Bulgaria)
July 2005 – December 2009
Global Consulting is a software development and integration company, focused on FinTech projects.
● Designed and coordinated the implementation of the UX/UI of more than 200 FinTech, Government and Commercial web-based software systems and applications.
● Planned and run off-line and online marketing campaigns on regular basis using 10+ communication channels and organizing 8 big corporate events per year.
● Developed and maintained the entire company’s PR, visual, brand and online ecosystem with 10+ different brochures, 20+ separate presentations, and 3 blog articles per week.
Never Stop Learning
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) on Online Business Models.
University of Library Studies and Information Technologies, Sofia, BG.
Master of Science (MSc), Automation and Control
October 1995 – June 2000
Technical University of Sofia
The College of North West London
September 1992 – May 1994
Specialist (Vocational Qualification in Business and Finances), Business Administration, Management and Operations. Financial Management. Marketing. Financial Accounting. Organizational Behavior.
“A ship in harbor is safe — but that is not what ships are built for.” ― John A. Shedd
Our Deepest Fear
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness
That most frightens us.
We ask ourselves
Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small
Does not serve the world.
There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking
So that other people won’t feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine,
As children do.
We were born to make manifest
The glory of God that is within us.
It’s not just in some of us;
It’s in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we’re liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.
― Marianne Williamson
Dare Mighty Things
It is not the critic who counts; nor the one who points out how the strong person stumbled, or where the doer of a deed could have done better.
The credit belongs to the person who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who does actually strive to do deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotion, spends oneself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he or she fails, at least fails while daring greatly.
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
― Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
― William Ernest Henley