Strategist. Practitioner. Achiever.
Results-oriented, versatile marketing expert with vast knowledge and experience In strategy, tactics and tools of all major marketing channels, processes and activities.
Omni-channel marketing, martech and digital transformation professional with practical background in marketing strategy & execution, leading marketing teams and optimizing digital business models. Significant experience in team training, in-house coaching and e-learning.
Strong background in analyzing, creating and implementing business processes and operation procedures in organizations of various types.
Holding a Ph.D. in Business Models on the Internet.
Has been working in the field of training, consulting, digital technology and marketing since 1999.
Experience & Skillset
A Swiss Army Knife with a Nuclear Weapon Attached
Participated in projects in FinTech, Fashion, E-commerce, Online Auctions, Real Estate, Toys, Sports Equipment, Telecommunication, System Integration, Coaching and Training, Online Auctions, Online Media, Furniture, Managed Services with local and international brands/companies like Raiffeisen Bank, OTP Group, Afghanistan International Bank, Telenor, Novatel (Deutsche Telecom, Bulgaria), Luximmo (luxury real estate), Hippoland (toys), etc. Have been working with vendors like Informatica, DELL EMC, Omikron, Microsoft, Cisco, Unisys.
- Results oriented
- Systems and processes.
- Intensetechnology, IT anddigital transformation background.
- Vast marketing experience in several industries.
- Successful sales & pre-sales track record in IT and expert services.
- Remarkable creativity & scale of thought, packed with growth mindset.
- Inspiring team leader and manager (marketing teams).
- Data-driven & results-oriented professional.
- 300+ presentations given, 10,000+ people trained, 19 online courses created.
- Proven business processes optimization expert.
- Omni-channel marketing.
- Marketing technology.
- Experimental marketing and conversion rate optimization.
- Teaching and e-learning management.
- User journey building and customer activation.
- Business model optimization and revenue streams building.
Key Areas of Qualification
Data-Driven Analysis and Planning
Conversion Rate Optimization
Business Models Optimization
Storytelling and Hypnotic Copywriting
Leadership and Executive Skills and Experience
Marketing Teams Leadership
Social Media Marketing
Conversion Rate Optimization
Search Engine Optimization
Website Content Management
HTML & CSS
Conferences, Workshops, Lectures
Zero Budget Marketing, SocialMe Workshop, RSPV Zagreb, Eventex, K2WEB, Rotaract Club Meetings, SoftUni Marketing Courses, Corporate Workshops, E-Manager, New Bulgarian University Courses and many more.
Chief Marketing Officer at Signature Technology (Dubai, UAE)
November 2018 – present
Main activities: Growth marketing, brand building, user experience creation, programmatic advertising and omni-channel marketing for the GCC market. Team trainings. Business processes and procedures creation and implementation. Reporting to the CEO.
- Reshaping the company strategy and expanding profit potential 10x times with preparing a vision for development and expansion, which was not present in the company before.
- User experience building within less than a month.
- Explosive targeted leads growth with programmatic advertising with cost-per-lead less than 2 AED.
- Optimizing the startup marketing team and saving more than 100,000 AED per month in the critical launch phase.
- All this (and not only) achieved in a constantly changing and challenging environment.
- Regular team training, workshops and coaching on Digital Marketing Strategy, Marketing Management, Email Marketing, Conversion Rate Optimization, Digital Marketing Planning and Budgeting, Online Business Models.
- Analyzing and building company’s business processes and operation procedures, starting with the marketing department. Implementing the new processes and procedures.
Marketing and UX Director at BFashion.com (Sofia, Bulgaria, covering 8 CEE countries)
July 2014 – January 2018
Main activities: Omni-channel marketing strategy and implementation for EE and CE regions. Data analysis and data driven (KPIs’ based) decisions. Performance marketing. Email marketing. Social media marketing. Content marketing. Affiliate marketing. Conversion rate optimization. Mobile marketing. Art direction and user interface design auditing and co-ordination. Project management. Team trainings. Business processes and procedures creation and implementation. Reporting to C-level management / Owners.
- Implemented well organized and efficient marketing team management processes.
- Responsible for a team of 20 design and marketing professionals.
- Over 26 Million email marketing messages sent per month.
- Total makeover of the ecommerce platform user experience and performance, working in parallel with design, development and quality assurance teams.
- Directly responsible and leading conversion rate optimization and A/B testing activities with more than 8 experiments per month, using cutting edge CRO tools.
- Achieved ROAS greater than 600% with the Facebook and Google advertising sub-teams.
- Directly creating and managing weekly campaigns for 8 countries, 8 different languages and more than 5 main communication and marketing channels.
- Supervising and directing the production of more than 1,500 advertising creatives (banners, messages, landing pages) per week.
- Regular team training, workshops and coaching on Google Suite, Internet Security, Conversion Rate Optimization, Marketing Management, UX design.
- Analyzing and building marketing team’s business processes and operation procedures. Implementing the new processes and procedures.
Industry: Online Fashion Retail in Central and Eastern Europe (8 countries).
Senior Trainer and E-Learning Manager at JETFIX (Sofia, Bulgaria)
January 2010 – July 2014
Main activities: Planning, creating and conducting lectures, training courses, workshops and e-courses on Digital Marketing, Online Business, Management, Productivity, Presenting, Internet Security, Conversion Rate Optimization, and E-commerce for universities, corporations and online audiences. Business processes and procedures creation and implementation.
Courses at New Bulgarian University, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Social Platforms and Business Strategies for Success
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Personal Branding: Step-by-Step
Courses at Software University, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Email Marketing 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
- Introduction to E-commerce
- Landing Page Optimization
Lectures at Conferences
- Online Advertising Conference (2016, 2017)
- Ecomm Congress
- Training Academy’s: Master Sales Academy (editions 1.0, 2.0)
- CRM Evolution Conference
- Internet Marketing with Zero Budget (6 editions)
- Eventex (2 editions)
- Travel Academy (3 editions)
- SocialMe Workshop (4 editions)
- K2Web conference
- RSVP, Zagreb
- E-manager 1.0, 2.0
- Deichmann (international fashion brand)
- Telenor (the top Bulgarian telecommunication operator)
- NetInfo (one of the biggest media groups in Bulgaria)
- LUXIMMO (one of the top real estate companies in Bulgaria)
- SITEL (international outsourced support company)
- Viva Credit (financial institution)
- Mebeli Videnov (the top Bulgarian furniture company)
- Hippoland (the top Bulgarian retail and toys shops chain)
- Introduction to Internet Marketing 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
- Ten Habits for Top Productivity
- Building a Personal Brand and Reputation
- Total Optimization for Sales
- Email Marketing for Beginners
- Introduction to E-commerce
- The Profitable Website
- Email Marketing Best Practices
- Affiliate Profits
- Anatomy of Traffic
- Business Platform for Success
- Personal Brand and Reputation Online
- The Perfect Launch Campaign 1.0, 2.0
- How to Create a Professional Website with WordPress
- How to Build an E-commerce Store from Scratch
- Pricing Strategies and Tactics Online
- One Job, Two Salaries
- How to Build a Quality Email Database
- Online Copywriting 101
Industry: Corporate trainings, consulting, coaching and e-learning.
Digital Marketing Manager and Salesperson at Global Consulting Ltd. (Sofia, Bulgaria)
July 2005 – December 2009
Main activities: Marketing strategy and planning. Marketing performance analysis and decision making. Digital marketing campaigns planning and running. Email marketing. Influencers marketing. Project management and co-ordination. Sales presentations and account management. Business analysis, business processes and procedures creation and implementation. Co-ordination between development, management, sales and marketing teams as well as with partners. Team and client trainings and workshops.
- Creating and maintaining the company’s brand vision and advertising materials.
- Planning and running off-line and online marketing campaigns on regular basis using variety of channels – magazines, email, events, social media.
- Giving more than 20 presentations per month in front of customers, prospects, partners and the team.
- Creating, maintaining and developing the entire company’s online ecosystem – website, blog, social media, email marketing, events marketing.
- Preparing and conducting (together with the marketing and sales teams) 8 big corporate events per year, every year.
- Regular team training, workshops and coaching on Presenting Skills, Presentations and Documents Design, Productivity, Business Processes.
- Analyzing and building company’s business processes and operation procedures, including marketing, sales, IT, administration, software development departments. Implementing the new processes and procedures.
Industry: Software development for FinTech industry and Government Institutions.
Never Stop Learning
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) on Online Business Models.
University of Library Studies and Information Technologies, Sofia, BG.
Master of Science (MSc), Automation and Control
October 1995 – June 2000
Technical University of Sofia
The College of North West London
September 1992 – May 1994
Specialist (Vocational Qualification in Business and Finances), Business Administration, Management and Operations. Financial Management. Marketing. Financial Accounting. Organizational Behavior.
What Others Say About Me
During our cooperation, I found Boril to be entrepreneurial, disciplined, creative, knowledgeable and persistent. His positive attitude and high energy was highly appreciated especially during the time of setting up new processes in place as his drive never stopped. He always finds a time for his team members to go into the details of assigned tasks and make sure, all of us are in same page and we work for same goal.
And to highlight, Boril is extremely loyal and you can count on his support any time! It’s truly a pleasure to work with him and I believe, he would be a great addition to any organization.
I have worked closely with Boril on our project together and what stood up to me was his amazing ability to have outstanding structured communication with everybody while being a take-charge person who is able to present creative ideas and communicate the benefits.
During our work together I have seen many examples of his professionalism and have long been impressed by his diligence and work ethic. Boril’ s proactive manner allows him to oversee a project and remove blockers while keeping things running smoothly while consistently maintaining high standards of quality and value.
I recommend Boril to those who want to find themselves in a partnership with a knowledgeable partner with a vision who makes no compromises when it comes to an inspiring delivery.
Boril and me, we work together as part of the BFashion’s Marketing Team for almost a year now. I have pleasure to know Boris from a previews period, but I must say that now when I am working closely with him on a crucial tasks I can realize how much experience he really has!
His ability to reach the desired goals in a highly professional manner is something that impressed me the most. Boris is a great colleague, not only because of his knowledge, but because of his personality. He can make you feel relaxed and happy with just a few words and that is a really rare nowadays. I highly recommend Boril for every task he says he can do!
Boril is a brilliant teacher and adviser! He broadened my horizon in the field of Internet marketing within an on-line training. The training was full of real tasks, I’ve put into practice immediately. He is a helpful, intelligent and experienced person, who knows how to show you the right directions, concerning your businesses reputation and image in the social media.
Boril is a well-educated digital presence professional. He has helped some leading b2c companies in reaching their target audiences with his innovative digital marketing ideas. I can also recommend Boril as a great presenter and public speaker, since I’ve had the pleasure of presenting alongside him on several occasions, in which both me as an organizer and the audience were more than happy of what they got out of it.
If you are thinking on working with Boril as business partners, at the end you’ll be more than pleased with the choice you’ve made getting him on board.
“A ship in harbor is safe — but that is not what ships are built for.” ― John A. Shedd
Our Deepest Fear
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness
That most frightens us.
We ask ourselves
Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small
Does not serve the world.
There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking
So that other people won’t feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine,
As children do.
We were born to make manifest
The glory of God that is within us.
It’s not just in some of us;
It’s in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we’re liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.
― Marianne Williamson
Dare Mighty Things
It is not the critic who counts; nor the one who points out how the strong person stumbled, or where the doer of a deed could have done better.
The credit belongs to the person who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who does actually strive to do deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotion, spends oneself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he or she fails, at least fails while daring greatly.
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
― Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
― William Ernest Henley